So, Today we are going to discuss the topic “What is Unicode and ASCII code”. In today’s blog, we will learn about Unicode and ASCII code, Its differences, and also its advantages and disadvantages.
So, let start with the UNICODE
What is Unicode?
Unicode is a universal character encoding standard. It defines to represents the text files, documents, web pages, and most of the world’s writing systems, It is known as “Unicode”. The Unicodes provide a consistent way of coding multilingual plain, which makes it easier to text all the files internationally.
Unicode can be implemented by different character encodings. The most commonly used encodings are UTF-8( Which uses one byte for any ASCII characters, Which have the same code value in both ASCII and UTF-8 coding and end up to 4 bytes for other characters.
- It is simplified application development.
- It can store characters from more than one language.
- It has Multi-lingual applications in data, (UI)user interface, and reports.
- It is the universal coding scheme followed throughout the world.
- And, the UTF-8 is an efficient encoding for storing and transmitting Unicode characters.
- A significant disadvantage of the Unicode is its memory requirement for UTF-16 and UTF-32.
- Unicode requires more space because it has a large variety of characters.
- It uses more bytes for larger alphabetic symbols.
What is ASCII Code?
ASCII stands for (American Standard Code for Information Interexchange). An ASCII is an alphanumeric code that is used for representing the numbers, alphabets, punctuations symbols and other characters, It is known as ASCII code.
It is a code that represents the represent 10 decimal digits, 26 alphabets, and certain other symbols such as punctuation marks and special characters. Most of the modern encoding character is based on ASCII, although they also support many other characters.
ASCII code is a seven bit code that means it is used for identifying key press on the Keyboard. As, you know it is a seven bit character code but for all the practical purposes it is an eight bit code.
ASCII developed from telegraphic codes in 1963. It is published by X3 committee, Which is a part of ASA (American Standards Association).
- ASCII code takes less space as it has only 256 characters.
- it stores all alphanumeric characters.
- The demand for memory in ASCII is less than the Unicode
- ASCII code is standardized
- The main problem with ASCII is that it has an 8-bit character that means the maximum of 255 characters can be represented.
ASCII Chart (all alphabet and characters)
Upper case character chart
Now, let see the lower case character chart:
Lower case character chart
Now, let see the other characters chart
Other Characters Chart
Difference B/W Unicode And ASCII
|1. Definition||It is a universal character standard|
that encodes to represents the text
files, document, and other
pages, It is known as Unicode.
|ASCII is a character encoding|
the standard for electronic communication,
It is known as ASCII.
|2. Full form||It stands for Universal Character Set.||It stands for American Standard Code for |
|3. Character support||It supports a wide range of characters.||It supports only 128 characters.|
|4. Uses of Bit||It uses 8 bit, 16 bit, and 32 bit.||It uses only 7 bit of character.|
|5. Space Require||It requires more space.||And, It requires less space|
So, today I have told you about UNICODE and ASCII code. In today’s topic, you haven’t any topic then tell me in the comment section so that I will help you to overcome that thing.
Or, if you people feel that something is needed in my website then must tell me in the comment section and also tell me about my content, is it good or not.
I hope you guys liked our blog 😊
Also, Read these Related Articles
- Evolution of Computer
- History of Computer System
- What is Computer System and Its Types?
- Explain the Input and Output Devices of a Computer System?
- Components of Computer and their System?
- What is a Computer? How it is a useful device?
- Discuss the Applications of Computer System
- Explain Von Neumann Architecture?
- What are the Limitations Of the Computer?
- Working Process of a Computer System